Memorial Day is the unofficial beginning of summer so it’s no wonder people love it. Just the mention of Memorial Day elicits all kinds of great memories– block parties, splashing around in the pool, and (of course) the great summer food!
Whether you’re planning on party hopping in the neighborhood or just want to relax with the family, make this Memorial Day special with one of these summer-ready dishes featuring Texas Olive Ranch. Your friends, family, and taste buds will thank you.
Texas Olive Ranch Rattlesnake Jalapeño Cheddar Burgers
Memorial Day wouldn’t be complete without burgers! Kick it up a notch this year by stuffing your patties with jalapeños and cheddar. We use Texas Olive Ranch Rattlesnake Infused Chili Olive Oil after grilling for even further kick. Serve them with your favorite buns and classic hamburger toppings.
- 28 oz lean beef (or turkey)
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp Texas Olive Ranch Rattlesnake Infused Chili Olive Oil
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and diced jalapeno.
- Combine meat, salt & pepper and minced onion. Divide meat into 4 even patties.
- Take 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture and flatten it. Wrap a beef patty around the cheese mixture ensuring it is completely covered.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until completely cooked. Brush each patty with a little bit of Texas Olive Ranch Rattlesnake Infused Chili Olive Oil after grilling. Serve with favorite hamburger toppings.
Texas Olive Ranch Avocado-Pesto Grilled Chicken Pizza
Pizza is the perfect Memorial Day treat when you throw it on the grill! We update this take on the pesto-chicken pizza by adding creamy avocado in the mix. A final drizzle of Texas Olive Ranch Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil adds depth of flavor.
- 1 handful fresh basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 avocados; peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Texas Olive Ranch Texas Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Texas Olive Ranch Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 12” pre-made pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh grated parmigiano cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- To make the pesto, add basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic and a heavy pinch of salt salt to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Very slowly add Texas Olive Ranch Texas Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pulse, scraping sides if needed, until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Cook the chicken breasts on the grill until done. Once cooled, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces for pizza topping.
- Reduce heat on the grill.
- Prepare pizza by spreading the avocado pesto on prepared crust. Next, layer chicken and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt & pepper. Finish with a drizzle of Texas Olive Ranch Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
- Reduce heat on the grill to low. Using a large wooden paddle, transfer the pizza to the grill. Leave on for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted on top of the pizza.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Garnish with fresh grated parmigiano before serving.
Texas Olive Ranch Figalicious Balsamic Steak Skewers
These sweet and savory steak skewers are sure to be a hit! Combining Texas Olive Ranch “Figalicious” Fig Infused Balsamic Vinegar with Texas Olive Ranch Mesquite Olive Oil creates a rich, smoky flavor that complements the tender chunks of steak.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 in. cubes
- ¼ cup Texas Olive Ranch “Figalicious” Fig Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Texas Olive Ranch Mesquite Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Whisk together the Texas Olive Ranch “Figalicious” Fig Infused Balsamic Vinegar, Texas Olive Ranch Mesquite Olive Oil, and Dijon mustard in a large bowl.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade for basting.
- Toss steak in remaining marinade until completely covered.
- Using metal or soaked wood skewers, thread the beef and tomatoes in alternating fashion.
- Prepare grill with cooking oil and turn on medium heat.
- Grill skewers over medium heat, 5-10 minutes, depending on how done you want them. Over the last three minutes of cooking, turn the skewers occasionally and basting them with marinade.
Texas Olive Ranch Happy Jalapeño Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Fire up the grill! We kick up the heat with this recipe by using the Texas Olive Ranch Happy Jalapeño Flavor Infused Olive Oil to marinate the shrimp. To combat the heat, we pair them with a cool and creamy cilantro yogurt dipping sauce.
- 2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp Texas Olive Ranch Happy Jalapeño Flavor Infused Olive Oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Whisk together 4 tbsp lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, and Texas Olive Ranch Happy Jalapeño Flavor Infused Olive Oil. Pour the mixture into a large zip top bag and add the shrimp. Seal the bag and toss to coat the shrimp with marinade. Let the shrimp marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to overnight.
- Prepare grill with oil and heat to medium.
- Make Cilantro Yogurt sauce by combining Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, minced garlic, 1 tbsp lime juice, and cilantro in a serving bowl. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- When shrimp is done marinating, skewer the shrimp using metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill shrimp for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they begin to char slightly.
- Remove shrimp from grill and serve with Cilantro yogurt sauce on the side or drizzle it over shrimp for a more festive presentation.