Many people often think that making delicious, healthy and impressive food requires a highly skilled chef, twenty expensive ingredients, top of the line kitchenware, and an entire evening devoted to the kitchen. We’re here to tell you that none of those things are true!
Our chef here at TOR will be sharing a series of recipes that spare both your wallet and your waistline but not your taste buds!
Recipe #1 – Mustard Dill Wild Salmon Over Watercress Fennel Salad w/Roasted Multi Colored Potatoes
Our first recipe is a fresh take on the classic dill mustard salmon. This easy to medium difficulty dish packs a bright citrus punch from two places–fresh lemon juice and Texas Olive Ranch infused lemon olive oil. We use whole grain mustard instead of regular mustard for a more wholesome spice and earthiness.
We’ve included a fennel and watercress salad that adds a crisp refreshing texture. The licorice aroma from the fennel and the peppery bite from the watercress both pair extremely well with the wild salmon. This dish also pleases the health conscious family member as it is filled with healthy omega 3 fats from both the Arbequina olive oils and the salmon. A hefty dose of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients from the salmon, greens, colored potatoes, herbs, and mustard come alive in this dish.
- Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
- Texas Olive Ranch Lemon Infused Arbequina
- (4) pieces of Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 2 lbs Small Multicolor Potatoes
- 1 Bulb of Fresh Fennel
- 2 cups of Fresh Watercress
- ½ cup of Whole Grain Mustard
- ¼ cup of Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Cloves of garlic
HOW TO PREPARE IT
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F
- While the oven is heating up chop potatoes in half or quarters depending on their size and place on baking sheet. Drizzle TOR Arbequina extra virgin olive oil to the desired amount or about 3 Tablespoons. Season well with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Place in the top shelf of the oven when the oven is heated. Cook potatoes for 30-40 minutes.
- For the salmon mixture, place mustard into a bowl. Add lemon juice, chopped garlic, and chopped dill. Cut about 5 very thinly sliced lemon wedges from squeezed lemon and add to bowl. Add ½ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ tsp of black pepper. Pour ¼ cup TOR lemon flavored Arbequina into a bowel. Combine and toss well.
- Drizzle TOR Arbequina olive oil onto a second baking sheet. Place salmon skin side down on top of oil. Spoon mixture on top of salmon, covering it fully to the edges. At 20-minute mark left for potatoes to cook, place the baking sheet with salmon onto the bottom shelf of oven. Cook Salmon for 15-20 minutes depending on how rare or well done you like your salmon.
- While salmon and potatoes continue to bake, chop fennel into thin circular slices and then cut lengthwise once to create semi-circles of fennel. Place into a mixing bowl with watercress.
Add 1 Tablespoon of TOR lemon olive oil to a bowl. Add ¼ tsp of sea salt, ¼ tsp of black pepper.
- For plating, place watercress, fennel salad mixture onto center of the plate. Place cooked potatoes around the salad. Carefully place cooked salmon on top of salad mixture. Drizzle TOR Arbequina olive oil over each dish. You are now ready to enjoy a delicious and healthy salmon meal!
Salmon and potatoes on cooking tray before placing in the oven
Plating the fennel and arugula salad after
Stay tuned for more recipes as we utilize Texas Olive Ranch olive oils to their fullest potential! We’re going to continue using fresh high-quality ingredients to create healthy, simple, and delicious recipes.