Introducing Texas Olive Ranch Regional Herb and Spice Blends
This year, give the gift of bold flavor with our new three pack set of spice blends! Our Texas, Mediterranean, and Italian seasoning blends make cooking delicious, healthy meals a breeze. Even the most clueless cook can appreciate their simplicity. Simply use the specific mixture that works for the dish you prepare.
This blend of cilantro, cumin, minced onions, garlic, and red chile peppers complements all your favorite Southwest dishes. It’s perfect for adding flavor to fajitas and works as a brilliant dry rub for brisket. Add it to Mexican classics like enchiladas and huevos rancheros or add a Texas twist to backyard favorites like burgers and baby back ribs. This herb and spice blend is versatile, but it’s the spiciest of the bunch, so it’s best to start with a little bit and add as needed.
With dill weed, tart lime peel, and fresh sea salt, our Mediterranean herb and spice blend brings the fresh tastes of the ocean to your kitchen. Along with the other ingredients, the parsley, minced garlic, and chiles bring out the natural flavors in fish, chicken, and pork. Combine the herb and spice mixture with diced cucumber and Greek yogurt for a quick and easy Tzatziki sauce you can serve with kabobs, souvlaki, or fresh veggies. Or simply sprinkle it over potatoes, pasta, or salad to add a complex flavor profile to simple ingredients.
This herb and spice blend adds the tangy, sweet, and savory flavors that we love in Italian foods! Craft bright and comforting dishes with the addition of basil and parsley flakes, oregano, sweet minced garlic, tomato, sea salt, and chile peppers. It’s the perfect blend for seasoning homemade sauces, soups, and sides with an Italian touch. Or add a spoonful to a dish and cover with Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an outstanding dipping sauce for crusty bread.
Delicious Recipes Made Easily With Our Herb & Spice Blends
Want to try out our new herb and spice blends but not sure where to start? These quick and easy recipes will help you stretch your culinary muscles and become acquainted with these perfect flavor combinations. In no time you’ll be comfortable incorporating our herb and spice blends with your own creative dishes.
Texas Olive Ranch Quick Skillet Tacos
Make every Tuesday Taco Tuesday with this family favorite recipe. While this recipe calls for ground beef, you can easily replace with turkey for a leaner, heart-healthier version. Serve with classic taco toppings or use this savory ground beef recipe to fill enchiladas, quesadillas, or on top of a taco salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Texas Blend Herbs and Spices
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 c water
- 1/2 c chunky salsa
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to crumble to meat. Once it is cooked and no longer pink, remove from the heat and drain well. Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Add Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and chopped onion to the skillet and sauté over medium-high. Add Texas Blend Herbs and Spices over the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add beef back to the skillet along with tomato sauce, water, and salsa. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until liquid evaporates.
- Serve taco meat with crispy shells or warmed tortillas. Top with guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sour cream, cheese, or whatever toppings you desire and enjoy!
Texas Olive Ranch Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs
Eating healthy has never been easier– or more delicious! Cut down on cleaning time by baking salmon and asparagus in homemade foil packets that seal flavor in, then you simply toss them away. This is sure to become a weeknight staple in your household.
- 4 boneless and skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus with the ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds with a few additional wedges for garnish
- 1/2 c Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons Mediterranean Blend Herbs and Spices
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sprinkle each salmon fillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Cut four 12×12 inch pieces of aluminum foil and place a few lemon slices on each piece. Arrange one salmon fillet and 1/4 of the asparagus on top of the lemon slices and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Drizzle each foil packet with Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and divide the Mediterranean Blend Herbs and Spices and minced garlic among each one evenly.
- Fold the foil around the salmon and asparagus tightly, completely sealing the ends so the oils and juices can’t escape. Place in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes. The salmon should come out flaky and the asparagus should be tender.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve immediately with a garnish of fresh parsley.
Texas Olive Ranch Simplest Pasta Sauce
Never buy the jar stuff again! This is the simplest, yet tastiest, pasta sauce you will ever need to know how to make. While it goes great with spaghetti and meatballs, you can also use it as a base for pizza, on top of chicken parmesan, or wherever else you use a tomato-based sauce in Italian cooking.
- 1 28 oz can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 5 Tbsp Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Italian Blend Herbs and Spices
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, add 28 oz can whole, peeled tomatoes and use an immersion blender to process into desired sauce texture– as smooth or chunky as you like.
- Add garlic cloves, sugar, Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Italian Blend Herbs and Spices, and sugar and stir. Bring the sauce to a boil and continue stirring until the sauce reduces to about a third of its original volume. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Texas Olive Ranch Herb and Spice Blends Set – A Perfect Holiday Gift!
Do you have someone on your list who loves to cook? Of course, you do! This year, give them something they will love to use with our special Regional Herb and Spice Blends 3-Pack Set. Each blend comes in its own individually labeled tin that keeps them fresh and fragrant. You’ll love seeing their eyes light up as they unwrap the gift of flavor and they’ll love experimenting with their versatility. Pair them with one of our limited reserve extra virgin olive oils or a Build A 2-Bottle Gift Set so they can enjoy Texas Olive Ranch flavor all year long.