Whether you’re impressing guests during a summer soirée or cooling off on a hot day, a great cocktail is sure to accomplish both. While everyone is fond of the classics—a whiskey neat can do no wrong—tapping into your inner mixologist is fun and far more adventurous. Don’t fret, experimenting can be easy. An underutilized cocktail component is already a mainstay in your kitchen—olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Texas Olive Ranch olive oils and vinegars are not just for cooking, it can add a jolt of flavor and depth to many of your favorite drinks. Take advantage of the season by incorporating fresh produce. Mix, sip, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your lush labor (pun very much intended).
Texas Olive Ranch Peach Basil Mimosa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Texas Olive Ranch Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Texas Olive Ranch Sweet Basil Olive Oil
- 6 oz sparkling wine
- Add Texas Olive Ranch Peach Balsamic Vinegar and Texas Olive Ranch Sweet Basil Olive Oil to a champagne flute and then top with sparkling wine.
Texas Olive Ranch Fig Old Fashioned
- 1 fresh fig, cut in quarters
- 1 orange slice, cut in half
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon Texas Olive Ranch Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Splash of water
- Muddle half the fig, one orange slice, bitters, Texas Olive Ranch Fig Balsamic Vinegar and maple syrup until combined.
- Add bourbon, a splash of water and ice and stir to mix.
- Garnish with remaining fig and orange slice.
Texas Olive Ranch Balsamic Smash
- 1 teaspoon Texas Olive Ranch Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 slices fresh peach (about 1/4 of a peach)
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 3 ounces Deep Eddy Peach Vodka
- 1 ounce club soda
- Fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- In a tall glass, combine the Texas Olive Ranch Peach White Balsamic Vinegar, most of peaches and mint leaves.
- Muddle to gently break up the fruit and mint.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the vodka.
- Top with club soda and garnish with additional peach and mint.
Texas Olive Ranch Basil Martini
- 4 ounces Deep Eddy Vodka
- 1 lemon segment
- 3 – 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce Texas Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle of Texas Olive Ranch Sweet Basil Infused Olive Oil
- Muddle the lemon segment and basil leaves
- Swirl vodka, simple syrup, olive oil and vermouth with ice, pour in martini or cosmo glass.
- Lightly drizzle in Texas Olive Ranch Sweet Basil Infused Olive Oil to form a small pool on top.
Texas Olive Ranch Rosemary Dirty Martini
- 2 1/2 ounces Deep Eddy Vodka
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 bar spoon olive juice
- Few drops of Texas Olive Ranch Garden Rosemary Olive Oil
- Rosemary sprig and olive, garnish
- Add ice to the drinking glass you will be using to chill it.
- In a mixer glass, add the vodka, vermouth, and olive juice to a mixing glass.
- Add ice to fill the glass 3/4 of the way. Using a bar spoon, mix for 30 seconds. Dump the ice from the drinking glass.
- With a hawthorn strainer, strain the martini into the chilled glass. Finish with a few drops of the Texas Olive Ranch Garden Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig and olive.